I get many of you asking for ideas on how to style shelves, so we thought we would compose a quick style guide with my top easy tips to get a stress free uncluttered look.
*Remember your rule of three! 3 items of varying heights grouped together. Honestly you can’t go wrong, that’s why it’s a constant rule here at Lulu Loves HQ.
*Foliage! It instantly helps bring your shelves to life and lifts the look! That’s why we love to stock small potted foliage. Our potted eucalyptus, cypress and boxwood are perfect for smaller shelves!
*Lastly don’t be afraid to get some different textures and colour contrasts in there too, to really draw the eye! The detail on our reactive glaze mugs had us at hello.
*The easiest way to create a professional look for your shelves is to stick to the same elements of design. This means repeating similar shapes, colors and textures throughout each shelf you style.
*Lastly, books are a great way of adding depth, layers and that touch of sophistication! Can’t find one you like? Grab an old hardcover book, sample pot of paint and voila…honestly it’s a game changer and if you change your colour scheme simply repaint!.
Keep an eye out soon for console table and mirror styling tips.
Love Lulu x
Spring styling needn't be overwhelming to achieve or look at. If you want your tray or side table to look pretty but in reality it still needs to be functional. We've put together some of our top tips for creating a beautiful yet simple display.
1. Height: Height creates a focal point and a centre around which you can allow your display to evolve. A simple way to bring height is to choose your favourite vase and fill it with beautiful Spring foliage. To create this easy, stunning arrangement we opted for our Faux Pussy Willow and 3 stems of our Faux Cherry Blossom. For a dash of Spring magic we also hung our porcelain eggs to provide depth and add a playful element to an elegant display.
2. Texture: Adding different textures creates more 'visual weight'. Contrasting textures make certain elements of a display stand out more than others. We've used our Concrete Decorative Artichoke (texture central!) and nestled it in at the base of the smooth Ellipse Stone Concrete Vase.
3. Candle: Candles are atmospheric and are a great way to add range to a display. Not to mention that when lit they provide calming, ambient light. We love candle stick storage jars at Lulu Loves HQ but in the spirit of Easter we used a dash of artistic licensing and filled our beautiful Nordic Candle Storage Jar with delicious Mini Eggs for a pop of colour (and quick access to everyone's favourite Easter treat!). Mini Eggs don't last the car journey home from the Supermarket? You could add foliage, moss, top up candles or anything that takes your fancy - be creative!
4. Lastly, just add your favourite book and a cup of your favourite hot drink and you're good to go! Be sure to tag us in your own creations on Insta - we love to see how you 'dress your nest'!
Hello lovely people ❤️ as promised here is my 10 TOP EASY TIPS for beautifully styling your kitchen this spring season... 💭
So grab a hot drink, and five minute to yourself today…. x
Our gorgeous friend @cicelyandparker has staged these beautiful images for us in her new kitchen, please please pop on over and give her a follow, its a beautiful account!
1. Use lots of natural materials ie wood chopping boards and rattan/wicker place mats and wooden utensils. This gives a naturalistic and textured look to your space.
2. Plants, greenery is a must must.... But if like me you are the curse of death to any indoor plant, then we have a great range of realistic and top quality faux flowers we are particularly in love with our brand new spring Cherry Blossom stems.
3. Use risers like our best selling benches. This will help you build height and cohesion into group items.
4. Trays... Great for protecting any surfaces but also another great way to add depth and texture to any work surface
5. Interesting bar or counter stools give a great opportunity to add some fun and a bit of your personality.
6. Swap plastic labelled soap detergent bottles for our gorgeous glass refillable ones to add a touch of luxury.
7. Add hints of colour by using soft furnishings. Tea towels, hand towels, rugs, cushions are a quick and easy way to transform any space without spending lots on kitchen "hardware"
8. Shelves shelves shelves, my absolute favourite way of displaying all types of gorgeous decor and practical items, so easy to rejig and freshen up.
9. A Tea/Coffee Station is a must have these days, who can't start their day without a warm drink??? Start with a tray, a kettle and a few glass storage canisters for a simple modern look..
10. Grow a small practical herb garden in window planters or pots is another great idea. Herbs are a charming accessory for your kitchen and will come in handy when you're cooking up a storm! Plus the basil always smells divine..
Here's to a peaceful and restful week for us all
Love Lulu x